View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Nicole

Hi Nicole. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Your story sounds similar to mine. But, mine was a right shoulder surgery. I too had lots of scar tissue and regardless of physical therapy, developed adhesive capsulitus. That was in 1989. I still have a frozen shoulder to this day. I was diagnosed with RSD in the right arm before surgery, but the surgery was necessary. I developed full body RSD following surgery. Right after surgery I was given stelate ganglion blocks, which did help but did not stop the progression or spread. It did however relieve my pain short term.
I also have been told that if diagnosed and treated from early onset you have a better chance of full recovery. So I wish you the very best.
I was given Neurotin. I am not a doctor but I believe Lyrica and Neurotin are some what similar. I was sent to a wonderful Neurologist before the surgery for my right arm RSD and she continued to treat me until she passed. I am currently being treated by a neurologist.
Everyone seems to find a way that works for them and I'm sure you will hear many different stories and treatment plans. I hope everything works out well for you. Please take care of yourself. Don't be too hard on yourself, try to keep moving, but pace yourself. Keep us posted on your progress. Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pauliana (03-31-2009)