View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Dragon and OCR

I ahve used Dragon dictate 6.0 going to have office of voc rehab try to upgreade to 8.0. I also used OCR optical character recognition software.

I used the OCR in police work with all my forms and good scanner and good computer RAM is needed.
The same with Dragon, if you do not have alot of ram but have good steay speech it will not keep up with you. I did upgrade my mic from the one they provided, mic placement to the side of the mouth is needed as if you breath, it can type in a word it thought you said. Newer versions and a good mic will not pic up back ground noise. My family tried freaking me out like they use to when I used it to sing or talk over me, but it did not work this mic at all.

When you mention parkinsons though, are there speech problems? I realize the physical ones, but in speech recognition it may depend. MY 10 year old try to read the stories for it to have her in the data base and it could just not recognise her little voice. She has a strong voice, but sweet, not adult like.

Voice regoc is supposed to work for accents and I do have a small lisp, it works good after using it for eyars now, I think it knows me better then me in patterns.

OCR, you scan the form, the one I had I first scanned it to recocnize, then I had to enter another screen to enter the fiels I wanted open to accept WORD document entry.

I could work on the form, change spelling, make lines longer, and edit it. Then save and highlighted the lines that were to be now word acceptable on the template I created.

You can often find the software on Ebay fairly inexpensive.
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote