View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Right off? WELCOME!

We all have different neuropathies, but I urge you to wade thru the 'Important Links' at the top of this forum. Some sites mite not be active any more, but many there are very valuable in terms of learning about PNs of all sorts. You do have to sort of learn a new medico language to understand it all tho...IF I can do it, anyone can!

You are both brave and bold and concise in your first post here...It's hard to summarize your life's pains so shortly.

I have to say that I admire your primary doc for actually admitting he's stumped! So many docs have simply blown folks off as 'mental' or the like. NOT!
Did he offer any ideas as to whether you see a rheumatologist or a neurologist for the blood and numbness issues? IF not, call his office and ASK!
Nothing ventured nothing gained...unless you are in a very restricted medical plan... Three years is too long to go w/pain.

As for Pain meds? They can and do serve their purpose and have a place in our lives. Put another way? IF you had epilepsy, cancer or a heart issue, wouldn't you take those pills each and every day...faithfully? Side effects or no? Pain meds can and do help us get by and have a better quality of life, key is finding the right combinations. And, do pay attention to Mrs D's writings about vitamin and mineral supplements! These all help to work in concert as to helping whatever is going wrong with our complicated systems.

It also helps to read past posts and learn about the folks who share here. Do not ever by afraid to ask questions. We mite not have answers [we are after all, merely 'patients'] but we've all learned a lot along the way!
Hope always! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote