View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew In FLA View Post
Today I was told by the woman who had travelled side-by-side with me from the beginning of my CRPS/RSD that she could no longer stay with me because she was tired of me resting (laying in bed) all of the time when I would have "flare-ups" (which are frequent) and she needed more out of life than not knowing from day to day how I would feel and thus how our day would go. She has put up with so much and I have tried so hard to make a normal life for us, so I don't blame her, but I feel like I have lost my lover and best friend, and also my best advocate and I feel lost and very afraid. I want the pain to stop and I want to stop taking the medication and have a normal life. I am at the end of my fourth month of short term disability and will be returning to work in May and I am afraid I won't be able to do my work without having restless & painful nights that will interfere with my work during the day. I am new to NeuroTalk, so I hope I am following the rules by posting this problem. Any help that an experienced person can bring is appreciated. Thank You.

Drew,
May I shoot you straight?
You haven't lost anything, that God didn't want you to.
An old saying,
"You cannot spend what you Ain't got, You cannot Lose what you Never Had".
Anyway, as it's been written, four months is not a long time.
I've lost two wives to my two injuries, and, millions of dollars, if that matters...

Drew, you take your time, and be who you are, don't you dare EVER cover up your pain, for ANYONE!
Be who you are. And, if "she" can't take you like that, She's NO BARGAIN!
And, nowadays, they aren't many "bargains" to be found. Sorry to say.
Take your Pain and Live it!, The Loneliness too! Own it. Feel it. Then, start over. All new.

You want / she wants some things, that just aren't possible at the moment.
Take your time, you'll find your way.
You don't need someone who doesn't have a clue, to be dragging you by the nose!
S/Forget THAT!

IMHO, I gotta give you major Props!
You're the man!
Let her go, on her merry way!

You Lost NOTHING!

PM me, if you wish.

Anyway, and either way, You are better off!
You've got enough on your plate, than to try and make someone who's not happy themself,
happy. It can't be done!

Carry on!

(Sorry, if I sound cold).
I'm not. Just been there, a couple times... and more.

Pete
ASB
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-31-2009)