View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good days, not so good days, no good days

This seems to be the best desrciption of my experience with PD. For most days I am still blessed with good days, but for the last few they have not been the best.
Even on my not so good days I can still walk the dog. On those days she would probably not get a walk without her very persistent nagging: "whimper whine whiiiine ooowr whimperwhimper rowf!" That usually gets me moving to get the leash and a poop bag, i buckle her up and off we go. She actually takes me walking, dragging me along at about double my comfortable speed for the entire mile to mile and ahalf route. I often cheat and take her off the leash to let her chase squirrels. She loves it but rarely catches one. She is very athletic and loves to run, but always keeps me within sight and responds quickly to "come Aggie".

What bothers me most is how quickly I tire out when trying to do yard work. I gave the lawn its first mow a week ago and had to stop and rest many times. Fortunately, I did sleep extremely well that night and suffered little hangover fatigue the next day (a good day).

I still get around extremely well as long as I stay on schedule with the meds. We are going to south and central Texas tomorrow to visit relatives and look for fields of blubonnets. This is a rare Texas treat this time of year. Even with compromised olfactory function, when I get downwind of a large meadow of them, my childhood memories come flooding in with the fragrance.

Take care 'til next week and be good to yourselves.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote