View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question re: RSD & TOS

Hi all! I have a question for you...Do any of you know if TOS tends to worsen, or if RSD can be brought on by "pushing through" the pain? I am finding myself wanting to push a little harder to do things during this Christmas season, but am in a constant flare...am I doing any potential long-term damage by doing this? My PM doc has cautioned me about the possibility of RSD, and occasionally the skin on my arm gets a sunburn-like sensation; I've also recently had a couple of times when my arm feels "hot" inside. I don't want to do anything stupid, and think I'd better stop pushing, but I wondered if any of you know of research on this, or even just have an experience to share.

I am trying not to get frustrated with my limitations, but at the same time, I don't want to make things worse...

Does masking the pain with meds (not that it works!) have a similar effect, by allowing more irritation to the nerves? And what about the delayed effect...if I have a good day and do more because I feel better, then pay for it the next day (or week, or month)...I assume that may have a long-term effect also.

There are certainly times when "pushing through" isn't an option..pain levels too high, arm too numb or weak...and usually when I do push it eventually gets to that point...just wondering if it really does do damage.

Anyway, would appreciate your thoughts...typing is really hard right now, but I just stopped cleaning house to ask!

Last edited by Donna7; 12-12-2006 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo & addition
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (01-22-2009)