View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAREN1202 View Post
Laura,
Hope hubby is feeling better today and you can enjoy your day off. I know what you mean about having to go
to work when they are having a rough day. But I have to work for the Insurance.
My husband had seizures while sleeping for years. He would have the grand mall seizures.I hated those sleeping seizures.We would dread seeing the night time come. Those were the darkest hours. Since starting on the Keppra with his Dialantin he doesn't have the grand malls at night.
He still has small ones when first going to sleep sometimes. Yes Keppra is an anti-seizure drug. Since starting the Keppra he isn't having the involuntary jerks he was having in his arms/hands either. He is also on Zannax ...which is an anxiety drug. He takes this at night
before going to bed. It calms him down and helps him rest
better. If he gets jittery durning the day and feels like he
might have a seizure he takes one also. My husband has not worked for alittle over a year now. I think the less stress they have in their lives helps alot. Does your husband still work?

As for the headaches..this is all new for us. The heaches have just started in the last month or so. His head hurts
on the very top of his head. He says feels like he has a cap on...a painful cap!. He has complained of a headache this morning with a bit of sick stomach. I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a start of a bad day for him. He has
not told the doctors about the headaches..so is only taking
over-the -counter drugs for them.

Hope you have a good day!
It's nice having someone to talk with that you know understands. So glad I found this site.
Karen
Karen,
Sorry again, I have not responded for awhile, I am not always on my computer. I'm glad the Keppra is working for your husband. My husband is on Topamax and Lamictal, but I think he needs some changes. One of them is also used for headaches, but he still gets severe headaches almost everyday. My husband has tried all of the prescription medications for his headaches, (imitrex, zomig, maxalt), but they none work for him. My husband has been on disability since 2001. Along with the seizures he also has sleep apnea, glaucoma, diabetes, delayed gastric emptying, copd, headaches, hypothyroidism and probably something I'm forgetting. The amazing thing is he never complains, he doesn't like to worry me. It is really nice to have someone to talk to, and I am glad you replied to the posting I left awhile back ago. Take care and I hope your husband has a good day
Laura
aunt_laura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote