View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy0708 View Post
It is very hard to take it easy when you feel so happy that you came out of this surgery pretty good. Remember that the brain needs to rest, you are limiting her activities because you know she should rest and this is good. If weather permits, get her outside a little bit after 2 weeks and walking a little each day, but I hope that she is sleeping well and taking naps, this helps our brains rest and heal. I never heard of the plaque coming loose, but I am not a nurse, just a survivor. I had word blanks, or said the wrong word for something occasionally after both my July 08 procedure and the Jan 09 clipping. I think thats normal. Nancy
Thanks for responding Nancy. One question? She is already going outside a little to sit on her patio. She has a beautiful back yard kinda like a secret garden and it makes her happy to be out there. I'm making sure she stays out of the sun and sits under an umbrella. Is that okay at this time? She seems to be sleeping good. She is sleep napping about 4 hours during the day. Awake resting in her bed with her eyes closed about 3hours per day, and is sleeping good through the night. Also, I'm afraid to let her bend over is bending over okay after this surgery?
Melissa Masinter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote