View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

going to share few last thoughts on this subject and then retire from this thread. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~

1) There are many school of thoughts on this. Do a search and we're going to find 100 different opinions about this worm.

is it more hype than threat? Probably, maybe

is it more threat than hype? Probably, maybe

one thing most experts DO agree on, is that the NEWEST version, IS unpredictable.

based on that alone. I would caution that any of the "experts" that says: "oh, as long as you're this and that, you'll be OK" (how would they KNOW, for SURE??)

2) with that said, it doesn't mean we should be frightened to the point that we are afraid to get on the internet.

I think we all should exercise caution and common sense when we surf the net and read our emails.

Of course, that's not fool proof.

3) updating anti-virus/spywares and updating patches are really important. Not just because of this worm but we should do it regularly anyways.

~~~~~~~

personally, I think there is way more hype than the actual threat. But I might end up eating my words.

But we all need to be careful and cautious. Because NONE of us want our passwords and money to be stolen. NONE of us. I don't want to be a statistic

it is always hard for me when I read something to the effect of : "But statistically, only 5% will get infected"

WHO'd want to be in THAT 5%??????
~~~~~~~~~

I've read and heard the debate about Vista being "safe"

I personally don't know. I would say this, update the Vista and don't get too complacent. There are contrary statements out there about Vista.

We have to remember ONE major thing. This worm was created because OF mircosoft's patch problems...

MICROSOFT....

notice that it doesn't affect Mac or Linux...

what are Microsoft Products??

Vista and XP and 2000 and.......

~~~~~~~~~

off my soapbox...I hope no one gets infected and you all stay safe...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (03-31-2009), Koala77 (03-31-2009), SandyC (03-31-2009)