View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Missy! My mom just had brain surgery last year and is still recovering. She had a non-cancerous brain tumor. Her speech was off for some time but she has healed from that pretty good. She had headaches more than anything and her balance was off. Still is on bad days. Her memory is OK. The main thing for my mom is for her to stay rested. If my mom is tired she gets frustrated and messes up some things. She also had seizures which are controlled by meds. We're not sure if she had them from the tumor or the surgery. Overall, she is healing. The neuro said it could take more than a year to fully recover from brain surgery. Even with a she has endured, she is living on her own if that helps you get an idea.

If you feel inside that something more is going on than your normal after surgery side effects don't feel bad calling the doctor. That's why they are there. Welcome and feel free to ask any questions.
(Broken Wings) (04-01-2009)