View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trime View Post
Hi, I posted my conditions yesterday regarding my Dr. concern that my surgery recovery could be due to the onset of RSD (Post titled: Early detection? Lyrica?). He's opted to put me on Lyrica for a week and see how my knee reacts, so we'll see but right now I'm reacting kind of like a dizzy sack of potatos. lol

Anyway, I spent some time reading the posts and I could not believe the pain and trouble so many RSD patients are enduring. It broke my heart and really scared me. Right now, I really don't have symptoms that can compare to so many on the forum.

Basically after my surgery recovery was slower than expected (I'm 6 weeks out from the date of my surgery) and my knee has sort of frozen up, like as if it was full of cement. When I go to PT it can be excruciatingly painful when we try to gain any range of motion (basically massaging and pushing on my knee as it hangs off the table to get it to drop)...BUT when I'm just resting at home or getting around on crutches, I have more of an uncomfortable pain. My symptoms seem like nothing compared to what I've been reading in this forum and I'm wondering "why" my Dr. thinks it's RSD as I have no where near the symptoms and troubles a lot of you are experiencing. Is it possible to have a "mild" case of it or is this just how RSD begins and if I do in fact have RSD I will develop the more extreme symptoms?

Thanks for your feedback and my heart goes out to all of you struggling with this disease. The strength and support detailed in the pages of this forum are unbelievable. You are all hero's.
THis is an excellent question. I don't know the answer but I hope someone out there does.

Hope you're feeling better

klb
klb1553 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-01-2009)