View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Any ideas. please help

Hello,

I am new here but have struggled with symptoms for over 3 years. 39 year old male with body wide twitching and was diagnosed with BFS 3 years ago.

I just got back from my neuro recently and she said my newest (5th) NVC showed that my carpel tunnel is worse, (which I will probably have surgery). But more disturbing is she said my right and left peroneal nerve is compressed at the fibular head and now I have sensory motor polyneuropathy. She said this is the reason for the extreme pain in my legs and feet but offered no help other then increase the Lyrica.

She said I have nerve damge in my legs and feet due to overuse.

I cannnot stand for more then 5 minutes without extreme pain in feet, legs and back. Mri's, emg, blood all clear. It has just recently gotton this bad. Is this common with PN?

I take Lyrica twice a day, .5 klonopin and baclofen. They help but the more i use the muscle the more tight and painful it becomes.

Any ideas. I am in a good deal of pain. She has no ideas and has washed her hands of me.

She said the nerve damage will get better within 3-6 months if I don't overdue. I bearly do anything at this point anyways, what else is there, not standing?

I have a desk job and do sit a lot. She said this could be a contributing factor.

Sorry but I am extremely down. Thank you very much.

DD
DoubleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote