View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

RSD for some does start out as "mild". You may have color changes, skin temp change,swelling and of course pain at the site. There may or may not be sensitivity to air,touch, both or just one of them. Some people will begin with horrible pain,burning and all the other stuff and progess quickly. Going fast or slow and how you rate your pain is entirely an individual thing.

Gymjunkie is right about the lyrica. It takes a minimum of 2 weeks up to a month to see any effect and if it's even helping or not. It's for neuropathic pain. So far, no one, including me, has had it actually help our pain level.

If you have rsd then you need to get a series of lumbar sympathetic blocks done immediately. The goal of these blocks is to interrupt the pain cycle and "reset" the nervous systems. They're done by a pain management doctor who is usually also an anesthesiologist. It's possible that if they're successful you could go into remission. There is no cure for rsd, only remission. If you do have rsd and go into remission it could come back at any time.

I haven't seen you say....forgive me if you have....why does your doc think you have RSD to begin with? What are your symptoms? Besides the pain that is. :-)

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-01-2009)