View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Wish I could help

Wish I could offer some help for you and your brother.
My neuro psych counselor thinks my myoclonic jerks are all in my head. Wants to try to see if we can get rid of them with counseling. Never mind, that I have had this condition for 13 yrs until I had surgery to repair C-spine disks '05. Got better and now since I had a horrible pop in my neck 2 times a few months ago,and 1 last week, it has started back and I have lots of neck pain. Whole thing starting over again.
Well guess I will have to see if she can get it out of my head. Meanwhile while I get counseled my legs are falling out from under me (as before), and who knows what is next. I stopped my appointments until I can get my head back on straight. Actually have become more confused due to rapidly changing discussions each week.
I have been through this for so long, nearly 67, and right back where I started! Don't blame counselor though, I was a raving manic after a visit yesterday morning to a doc that did not even know what myoclonic jerks are and dismissed me totally. Of course he saw some instability in C-2 to C-3, just above my fusion. Oh Jimminie crickets, deliver me from docs!

I share your distress and hope you soon find answers . Hugs, an arm jerking, head spinning frog. LOL

Last edited by froglady; 03-31-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: worked on wording and spelling :)
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote