View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default neuro?

Hi,
For what it's worth...
I have a disc herniation at L5 S1. Bad pain for the last two months- it may possibly stem from a car accident I was in 8 years ago. Anyway, I have tried a few things- you can look around at my posts here, there are just a couple as I am new too... I have found a neuro chiropractor who has really turned things around for me. He does not do traditional chiropractor adjustments which is nice, because I really am not fond of the turning your head till it feels like they are pulling it off. (well, he has done one adjustment on me twice, but it was for a really hard to reach vertebrae mid back that has given me trouble since the accident and really has not been relieved any other way, to date.) He has done work stabilizing nerves and finding connections between the nerves muscles, and how the brain shuts down each to deal with pain and trauma. I must admit I was not convinced how he could help me, until I had been in to see him a few times-the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. I feel better than I have in a long time, and he is also treating residual pain from the original accident- injuries that my previous doctors would or could not do anything about. As for reading your MRI, I can't say for sure what it all means, but I know my injury has manifested in my left leg, with pain radiating down past my knees and at times up my back. He has also been working with me on C5 in my neck- left over from accident as well, affecting my neck, shoulders and pecs. Anyway, good luck. I hope you find relief soon!
Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnnthunck View Post
Please help me understand what these MRI conclusions mean in layman’s terms and any advice or opinions would be appreciated?

My MRI has 3 conclusion points.

1. Large left paramedian disc herniation C6-7 amputating the left axillary pouch and likely affecting the left c7 nerve root.

2. Moderate right neural foraminal osteophyte disc complex T1-2 which may affect the exiting T1 nerve root.

3. On the edge of the study, there appears to be a large right T2-3 osteophyte disc complex. Formal evaluation may be warranted depending on the patient's clinical exam and symptom complex.

A huge truck hit my small car from behind and has caused awful pain problems for me.

My symptoms are PAIN especially in the neck. I can't turn my head to the right or tilt my head forward or backward without even more pain. I have to wear a neck brace or the pain is just too awful. I feel weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath and I seem to cry all the time the pain is so bad. My first three fingers ache especially my thumbs and numbness travels down my left arm. My hands tremble and I can only stand for short periods of time.

I have tried to go back to work twice and have only made my condition worse.

Heat, ice and massage are my pt treatments.

If surgery will make this pain go away, I will gladly have it.

Please help me with advice and please tell me what my MRI says? I am usually such a strong person and this pain and not being able to do anything is frustrating. Thank you for any help or opinions you can help me with. CJ
jenniferowens is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-05-2009)