View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
Hello,

I am new here but have struggled with symptoms for over 3 years. 39 year old male with body wide twitching and was diagnosed with BFS 3 years ago.

I just got back from my neuro recently and she said my newest (5th) NVC showed that my carpel tunnel is worse, (which I will probably have surgery). But more disturbing is she said my right and left peroneal nerve is compressed at the fibular head and now I have sensory motor polyneuropathy. She said this is the reason for the extreme pain in my legs and feet but offered no help other then increase the Lyrica.

She said I have nerve damge in my legs and feet due to overuse.

I cannnot stand for more then 5 minutes without extreme pain in feet, legs and back. Mri's, emg, blood all clear. It has just recently gotton this bad. Is this common with PN?

I take Lyrica twice a day, .5 klonopin and baclofen. They help but the more i use the muscle the more tight and painful it becomes.

Any ideas. I am in a good deal of pain. She has no ideas and has washed her hands of me.

She said the nerve damage will get better within 3-6 months if I don't overdue. I bearly do anything at this point anyways, what else is there, not standing?

I have a desk job and do sit a lot. She said this could be a contributing factor.

Sorry but I am extremely down. Thank you very much.

DD
I would see a new neurologist. If sitting is a contributing factor, you might try putting a foot rest under your desk to elevate the backs of your legs off the chair seat so you are not putting to much pressure on the back of your legs. They also make seat cushions that are wedge shaped so that your seat doesnt cut off circulation or pinch nerves as you sit. You might try one of those. I have a foot rest, lumbar support and wedge cusion on my desk chair at work, its pretty comfy.
Also try to avoid crossing your legs. Honestly though, if the pain is that bad and your doc doesnt know what to do, get a new neuro or get a second opinion.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote