View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymjunkie View Post
CRPS is a diagnosis that is reached by ruling out everything else and by applying a set of clear diagnostic criteria which require certain signs and symptoms to be present before a diagnosis can be made. The "mildness" of your symptoms wouldn't necessarily prevent a correct diagnosis of CRPS but I suppose it may make it less clear cut.
trime,

I think this one statement is pretty accurate. While there are several "classic" symptoms, not everybody has every symptom, not does everyone have the same severity. Some of the more common signs seem to be the swelling, sensitivity, and color changes along this the biggest one - pain that does not have an obvious cause and does not heal.

Different severities exist all over. For instance, you and I can both have a cold, but while you continue to go to work, but take your tissue box along, I might be in bed and not able to face the world.

Early treatment appears to be a key in not having the RSD grow into the monster a lot of us have. It sounds like your doctor may be on the right track that way. But, as Gymjunkie also said, Lyrica takes time to build to a theraputic level. It's not like taking an aspirin for your headache. Have a little patience.

I really wish you well,

Mike

Last edited by bassman; 04-02-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-01-2009)