View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymjunkie View Post
CRPS is a diagnosis that is reached by ruling out everything else and by applying a set of clear diagnostic criteria which require certain signs and symptoms to be present before a diagnosis can be made. The "mildness" of your symptoms wouldn't necessarily prevent a correct diagnosis of CRPS but I suppose it may make it less clear cut.

The only common denominator for RSD patients at the very beginning is the pain that is way out of proportion to the severity of the injury. Many of the other symptoms might not be present right away or all the time (!!!), and might even only start to develop further and be present all the time as time and the condition progresses or spreads throughout the limb. By then it could be far far far too late. You might end up with wasted musculature and osteoporosis. It won't make it any easier.

I think it might make it a lot less clear cut to doctors not knowledgeable enough. Mild is exactly what makes it far more dangerous for the progression of CRPS if your doctor wasn't as good or as fast to treat it. Overlooked "mild" can get pretty damn bad, as bad, if left untreated. Luckily you are being treated fast.

I wouldn't consider a frozen knee mild though.
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-01-2009)