View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWood View Post
Schwartzman wants his program only for those to which he knows the ketamine will cure so his success rate goes up problem is if your going to have an RSD treatment you can't play god and pick and choose just as you like to increase your success rate to make you look good. No meds work whatsoever thats been found for years now. Been through psych management docs and over 7 depression drugs all to the conclusion that until the rsd is gone nothings going to change. Exercise i keep on the move and have went through many physical therapy programs as well. I've dusted myself off many more times than reasonable. Getting up and dusting yourself off does not mean if u do it 70 times ur going to get better and never have to do it again. Other than being strong and picking yourself up its means nothing.

As well i wish you the best.
Oh, Lordwood.......I wish so much I had read this post yesterday. I am so sorry, honey. I know that does not help. You know that I have been suffering from major depression, too (and I've only had this for 4 months now......I can't imagine how you feel). The RSD messes with our brains. You are right, how can you NOT be depressed with all you're dealing with.

Frankly, I am inclined to agree that he may be limiting his patients to those that have the most promising outcome (it DOES lend more credibility to HIM in that case). It is unfortunate......BUT......I have done a lot of research on Ketamine and it is NOT something you want to be messing with if your brain is already out of whack (even just temporarily). It is really a dangerous and powerful drug. I know of someone who just died after the coma in Mexico about 6 weeks ago.

Go with Plan B. You're smart to have one. Find another place to volunteer, or start writing or blogging. You write SO well, and your story could help someone else. Please PM me when you get the chance.
Much love,
Mom
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (04-01-2009)