View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

1. I love to crochet and knit. I crochet more than I knit, and have been crocheting since I was about 6yrs old. (I'll be 40 in May). I consider myself an expert crocheter.

2. I read fan fiction on the internet. Currently it's mostly in the Magnificent Seven fandom. (tv show from the late 90s that had Michael Biehn in it) The first fanfic fandom I read was in the mid to late 90s and it was for the 70's tv show Emergency!. I also read fanfic for the tv shows Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, and the tv show Numb3rs (ironically I love that show, even tho I can barely do simple math) along with several other fandoms for tv shows that are still being aired and some others that are now defunct (most fandoms I read now are for defunct shows)

3. I love dogs. It's an obsession with me...and I havent had a dog for 3 years. I'm considering getting a poodle now. (pet store said they're getting poodle puppies in 3 weeks...standards and miniatures...I'd love a standard, but will probably get a little one so I dont have to worry about my mom getting injured by a large dog dragging her into a fence...she's had that happen at least once. We dont have a fence anymore, but a slightly busy street is just as dangerous when you have a rather large dog dragging you behind him)

4. I love gadgets. Things like Tivo, my Amazon Kindle (an e-book reader), cameras of all kinds, yarn winders, Swiss Army knives (I think I have 9 of those), a little machine that makes knitted cord.

5. I flunked algebra FIVE times in high school (or was it 6 times?). I graduated high school by taking the basic remedial math class. I got a B+ in that class. (it was populated with gang bangers, and I figured it was safer to sit and do my homework and listen to my Walkman and not draw attention to myself) I finally passed algebra in a night school course at a local high school about a year after I graduated high school. I took the class because I was planning on joining the Air Force and I was going to take the ASVAB test. (think that's what it was called) They said I needed to know algebra. I passed that class with a D-. (barely passed) The teacher irritated me because he could never pronounce my name correctly. (it's two syllables! I think he needed remedial English classes) I never did take the ASVAB and I never did join the Air Force. (The first Gulf War started and I had second thoughts after seeing the news about a Scud missile hitting the women's barracks on one of the military bases in either Kuwait or Saudi Arabia) I dont think I would have gotten thru basic anyways.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (04-03-2009), barb02 (04-02-2009), Dejibo (04-02-2009), DM (04-02-2009), ewizabeth (04-02-2009), gardengrl (04-03-2009), GmaSue (04-10-2009), Jules A (04-05-2009), KarenMarie (04-04-2009), Koala77 (04-02-2009), NurseNancy (04-03-2009), SallyC (04-02-2009), Taffy (04-03-2009), Twinkletoes (04-02-2009)