View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown mix up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
That is interesting...

However, I thought aspirin (salicylates) came from willow bark?

So I looked it up for more information:

from http://www.theheartofnewengland.com/...s-Tapping.html

Looks like alot of labor intensive effort is needed for it though.
sorry mrs D you are right I get confused some times TBI there is a substance and I mixed it up it is

Birch-tar or birch-pitch is a substance (liquid when heated) derived from the dry distillation of the wood of the birch. It is therefore pyroligneous.

Birch-tar was used widely as an adhesive as early as the late Paleolithic or early Mesolithic era. It has also been used as a disinfectant, in leather dressing, and in medicine.

It is compounded of guaiacol, phenols, cresol, xylenol, and creosol.

such a useful tree it is a real shame, we have lost so much of our Tree lore the Romans wiped out our shamans,the emperor Claudius committed genocide in the battle for the isle of Anglesea (some say Avalon ) which inflicted a kind of cultural TBI on the Britons , because of the bardic tradition , of verbal retention of knowledge much was lost in that act , I found an interesting article on the bardsey or ( bard say ) apple tree http://www.bardseyapple.co.uk/
an apple a day keeps the doctor away . as the old saying go,s

there is not much that is free in our money driven world , to be out in the woods in spring lifts the spirit, we can gain much for a little effort and connect with what we put in to our body's
hope some of you guys give it a go this spring

thanks for reading
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote