View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hello and Welcome to Neurotalk Mary - it's great to see you here and you will meet many great people who im sure will be more than happy to help you if they possibly can!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain and that you currently dont know what is wrong with you!! I really hope that you can get a diagnosis real soon and get to feeling better!! IF it is RSD (also known as Causalgia) it is really important that you try and get diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible to have the best chance of reaching remission. Please dont give up hope and try and find a doctor that wants to help you - I know it is hard sometimes but it is worth it when you find someone that actually believes you!!

I suffer from RSD. It currently affects my left leg and both arms. I developed it when I was 12 years old after I fell and sprained my ankle and am now 14. I have tried all sorts of medications and procedures to try and put it into remission but none have really helped me so far. The only med that helps me is Ketamine but my doctor doesn't like me taking it as he feels it could affect my hormones because of my age etc. We are now seeking further options as a last resort to try and help.

If you need anything, please dont hesitate to ask!! I am more than happy to help you if I can because I DO understand some of what you are going through and understand how frustrating and scary it is when you dont have a diagnosis.

Please check out the RSD forum as hopefully you will find some help there!! Everyone is really nice and friendly so im sure you'll fit straight in!!

Take care,
Alison
(Broken Wings) (04-03-2009)