Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
LordWood,
What Sbowling says is spot on.
I have a question for you.
You tell us things that haven't worked, but, (Maybe I didn't read elsewhere), I don't know how long you've had rsd, if you have tos too, or anything in addition, and, what meds you are taking now, what is your current cocktail?

For instance,
I've had rsd for 25+ years. It spread to what we'd call full body long ago, I also have TOS, and Then got a TBI , and discs, and other things.
My "Cocktail" is
Methadone for pain 50-60mg / day.
Cymbalta pain/antidepressant. 60mg/
Diazepam, muscle relaxant/ de stressor
Zanaflex / muscle relaxant
Namenda, Topomax, Zonegran. nerve pain and anti convulsants
Imetrex (migraine).
From there, meds cross over to the brain injury.

Lots of these are scheduled especially the first few, then some are prn.
as needed.

Maybe, we could help with what you're taking, although I don't think we're doctors, but more than that..
You seem to be looking for an absolute cure.
I don't know that RSD has one.
It's a disease that gets "managed". And, that's all.
Sometimes we do well, sometimes not.
Sometimes the pain is under control, sometimes, it breaks through.

Keep on Keepin On!

Pete
ASB

First of all thank you for your post. While were not doctors in the field of treating ourselves we are truly the only ones which know whats a right path and whats a started out fail. Doctors cannot grasp where were at and there for cannot administer correct treatments its up to us to gain control and word on our own cocktail. Mine has been a mix for awhile but now its down to barely nothing because we had thought i was going for the ketamine, anyway what i am on now:

Oxycontin 80mg 2x Daily
Neurontin 600mg 3x Daily (This medicine is a waste and i still don't know why they keep me on it i was on 300mg 3capsules 3 times a day and now they lowered to this makes no sense to be on.)
Alprazolam(Xanax) .50mg 1 3times Daily

I've been on every med you listed except for Zanaflex which i had skelaxin,
Namenda, Zonegran which i to took Valproic acid, Imetrex.

Iam also on med for my crohns.

I'd like just for it to be under control. But i have seen patients that have been cured. You wouldn't believe how many come out of sherrys program cured and never have to come back.

My thinking is Uping the Oxy to 160mg 2 Daily. Getting rid of the neurontin. replacing it with My Old Dialudid 4mg tablets 1 tablet 3 times a day. Also adding back a stronger dose of methadone. Than increasing my Alprazolam(xanax) to 1mg tablets. I think this is a nice start to finding my way around towards the perfect cocktail.
LordWood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote