View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

Removal of the thymus MAY help attenuate MG symptoms. In most cases there is little effect. It's like sticking pins in a cupie doll. Medication is the only guarantee...and it is a guarantee if sufficient doses of appropriate drugs are used. I have come to near death with this disease and only by the grace of God and lots of chemicals did I recover. Avoid surgery at all costs. It is frightfully invasive and has little chance of benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs M View Post
Hello, I,m 36 and had my Thymus Gland fully removed in 1999.The procedure was through the Breast Bone.....Non Cancer..And not M.G. .This spring I started having the same chest pain and lumpish feeling back in my throat again...I requested a Cat Scan and the results are showing a shadow...My surgeon,another Dr. and 3 techs are not sure if they are seeing another tumor or scar tissue....I had another Cat Scan 3wks ago and still waiting to get the resylts...I want to prepare myself with questions when I go in to see my Dr. Here is my Question...Has anyone ever heard of a NON Cancer Thymus Gland removed able to grow back?...OR ....Has anyone on this forum ever have it removed and have scar tissue to grow and cause the same symptoms..Any help or places for to read would be GREATLY Appriected!..Karen.
hcmiller92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote