View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thymecotmy is a virtually useless procedure in the treatment of MG, but a lot of docs dangle it out there for otherwise hopeless victims, telling then it may help. What scullduggery! Then there's the other issue: your condition for surgery.

Is someone nuts telling you that you are in any condition to go under the knife?! You need to be strong before surgery. I had major (they say - I say it was no worse than a scraped knee) surgery last October when my surgeon sliced open a 12" wound in my belly and ripped out my sigmoid colon. They then hung a bag on me. But, it was a major nothing because I had eliminated MG symptoms with prednisone beforehand.

Vive la prednisone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused12 View Post
Hello all...I havent been on in awhile...its been a bad few days. I went to the doc last Monday to talk about the thyectomy (that I finally decided to go ahead with). Turns out I have to go back the 13th for a scan. These past couple days have been horrible tired...weak..alot of trouble swallowing food..double vision. Symptoms have been bad. I slept almost 5 hrs yesterday and still went to bed @ 7:15 and slept all night long till 8 this morning. I wish I would have listened to the doc I went to a year ago that wanted to do the surgery then....maybe...just maybe... I would feel better now. Tomorrow is another day. Hope its a better one!!
hcmiller92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote