View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominPainRSD View Post
Hi all!! This forum has been such a wealth of information and support for me already along my relatively brief road with RSD. I respect your wisdom and experience in so many ways and thought it would be interesting to hear from everyone as to what you each find to be invaluable in your day to day life as you deal with your RSD.

I know many of you have mentioned Epsom salts, heating pads, down pillows in car rides, etc.....but are there specific brands or types of things or fabric contents that you find most soothing or beneficial to you??? I would like to start acquiring an RSD "survival pack" of items (preferably finding things on sale a little bit along) that might help and come in useful when the need arises (or better yet......BEFORE the need arises!).

I thought it could be useful to read each others experiences and what works for them, and perhaps we could ALL pick up a few tips we hadn't thought of before.

Thank you all in advance for responding!!

My RSD effects me from the waist down. And It's sad to say. But my guy didn't see me in a dress until after I got hurt. Now I wear dress' every day. For the most part in the winter I have slippers made of mongolian wool. To me, they look like a boot. And I've even seen other's wear them now. Also I wear tights alot. Like yoga pants>? Or sweat pants. They are very soft and managable. And I've seen folks wearing tights with dress' as well, like I do. Kinda makes me feel as thought I've started a couple of new fads. lol. As far as in the summer time. I have slip on shoes. Makes it easier if I can't bend down and tie. With a booty of sorts for sox. And of course my shoes are two sizes larger than I would normally buy. Leaving room for the swelling. The only med I have found that I am not allergic to and works for me, allowing me to be able to walk. Is Lyrica. With the Physician's permission. I fluxuate the mg's. Depending on how I feel. Morning verses night time. I have codeine that I can take if I just can't stand it anymore. And also, at night, I take pamalor. It's a mild anti-depressant that aid's with cronic pain. And it allow's me to get sleep. As we all know the more sleep we get. The better off we are. And it helps' keep me from not having daily crying spells. Since this stuff has grabbed my legs from me. Or the normal function of them. It is kinda sad. Best of luck to you. Soft hugs
Fireball is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (12-27-2015), loretta (04-06-2009), MominPainRSD (04-04-2009)