View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Dealing with Sjogrens...

Hello,

I am new and, frustrated but I can still smile. My opthamologist spoke more openly about sjogrens than my rheumatologist. It affects not only our eye, nose, ears, throat, teeth, also our lungs, and kidneys, and gives a lot of fatigue when highly symptomatic.

I will eat crackers multigrain and, make sure a glass of water is near me!
My teeth well need to see a Dentist soon...not to bad but, medication like prednisone is also bad for our teeth.

I know Sjogrens is in our Genes and, who will develope it...who knows? I have a family with Lupus, Juvenile RA, Vasculitis, Diabetes...So I think it all depends on just how strong our gene is; does this make sense?

I have been tested positive for Lupus, Sjogrens, Seizures, Depression (well I do not believe this anymore..meds are being decreased...I do what I need to do to feel better). Raynauds, carpal tunnel, Communicating Hydrocephalous Normal Pressure, fibromyalgia...but ya know looking at me you would think their is nothing wrong with me. A lot has to do with avoiding stress; well excess stress & negative people, educating yourself, and finding another Doctor if you are not happy with what he's telling you to do...especially when you have done your research.

Hope this helps & I hope to hear from someone!

What has me baffled is My neurologist just told me NOT to sleep as I do he wants me to sleep when I get sleepy and wake up at 6:00 a.m. everyday. I will try it...but I do not think this will work. I am also wearing a heart monitor and it wakes me up at night. You know Doctors should consider ALL WE ARE DIAGNOSED WITH, but a good Dr. these days is difficult to find.

Hope all have a nice day!
Mermaid2260 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote