View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default kudos to Jean's creativity and success

Congratulations. The PD Tulip is beautiful, and I love seeing a Parkie idea adopted by everybody! Thanks for your energy and persistence, Jean. love, Leonore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanb View Post
Our dream for the PD Tulip to become the national symbol for Parkinson's awareness continues to move forward:

-- Neurotalk chose to use the symbol early on
-- the CEOs of all the PD orgs agreed they would not put up any "roadblocks" if their members wanted to use the pd tulip
-- CEOs of all pd orgs have received pins, as have their staff
-- many pd chapters are using the pd tulip on their websites ( all affiliations: npf & apda & independent)
-- attendees at the 2008 NPF YOPN conference received pins
-- attendees at the 2008 NPF chapter leadership meeting received pins
-- APDA coordinators received pins at their annual meeting in 2008
-- PAN coordinators received pins at 2009 leadership day
-- many pd conferences have given out the pins
-- groups are using it for awareness activities - posters & walks & meetings & in newsletters
-- we have a youtube about the design
-- some people in Canada are using the pd tulip
-- I'll be collaborating (soon) on a pd tulip youtube for Canada
-- some people in Australia are using the pd tulip
-- a group in Malaysia is using the PD Tulip
-- the pd org one state has just created a "Tulip" award to give to its outstanding volunteer
-- ladies in northern arizona are making quilts with the pd tulip design -- the quilts are donated to pd orgs and raffled off -- all proceeds to help pwp

The PD Tulip represents PD awareness regardless if you are affiliated with Fox or NPF or PDF or APDA or Team parkinson or .... any other group

So wear your org's affiliated logo with pride - but we hope you will display the pd tulip as well - because it represents that we are ALL working toward a common goal: better treatments & the cure.