View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

PICC lines suck, Erin. They also get infected. During one of my many hospital stays last year, the brilliant folks who chose a PICC line instead of a normal IV line came in to announce to me that I had a staph infection. I knew I had some sort of infection, judging by the size and color of my arm. Problem was that I was all better, except for that. My hospital stay was doubled and my roomate was a 400 pound 24HRTV-watcher, eater and farter. I was furious!!!

Anyway, good on you for the IV-IG. It's about one of the only treatments that works. Now get on some hyper doses of prednisone and prepare to feel like a teenager again.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hello all! Sorry I haven't been on lately.....that concert just wiped me out! Today was my first good day in a week so I took advantage of it and got a lot of work done - it felt GREAT!!!!!!!

Monday I start my next round of IV IG.....my neuro wanted to do it while he was in town so he could check up on me while I'm in - I love that man!

Still have my PICC line in......looked great when they checked it on Thursday- thankfully......

I'll be in all week (outpatient) but will get 500 mL a day X 5 days.....hopefully that will make me feel like a million bucks! I do hav thrush and some teeth that are abcessing, so that could be why I have been feeling crappy, but it still scares the heck out of me.........

Are any of you on prenatal vitamins? Iron? I seem to take sooooo many pills now! Lat week I bought 4 scipts and it was $200! $200! Oh and they didn;t have any generic............augh!

If I am lucky then my pred will be reduced after this nexr round.....those of you who do pray, please do so! I have gotten to the point that I shake so bad I can barely write my own name. I did get controlled release xanax, but it doesn;t see to help all that much!

I've missed all of you!
Erin
hcmiller92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (04-05-2009)