View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thymectomy should be outlawed except for cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
HCMiller, I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with neuros. I have had some fairly horrific ones too.

The choice of whether or not to have a thymectomy is very personal. No, there's no guarantee it will help. Just like there's no guarantee chemotherapy will help get rid of cancer. But that's up to the patient to choose.

I chose not to have a thymectomy for my own personal reasons. Part of it was the lack of concrete studies on whether they do any good in the short or long term. But, again, it was my choice.

Confused, HC is right about being strong for surgery. You should absolutely not go into surgery with an infection. Whatever you choose to do with your body is your choice. I'm not keen on thymectomies but I would certainly support your decision to have one!!! You've obviously thought about this and are prepared to have it done. I hope it goes well.

Annie
No, Annie, thymectomy is very public. And, thymectomy is ****** and doesn't work. Simple as that. Walk in my shoes before you suggest otherwise...and study the literature. but, for God's sake, don't believe a word of anyone telling you about positive outcomes from thymectomy, vis-a-vis recovery from MG. There's just no connection.

I will cajole anyone who talks about having or having had a thymectomy for treatment of MG. Why not try snake bite next? There are religious nuts in the south who swear by it. Just as efficacious as thymectomy.

Last edited by Curious; 04-02-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Per NT Guidelines
hcmiller92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote