View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Mrs. D., I did a little digging today (not in soil). I found a list of plants that grow in dry shade. Day lily (stella de oro), Periwinkle Vinca, Pearly Everlasting(Anaphalis) This has white flowers. Bearberry(Arctostaphylos) This is a very dense low growing green plant (kinda looks like a grass) that shoots up purple spikes that are no taller than plant. Ladys Mantle, Lily of the Valley, Barrenwort(Epimedium) This is flowering also yellow and ruby. Cransebill(geranium), Hosta!!! Foxglove, Grape Hyacinths (Warning!! Spreads like crazy) Japanese Spurge(Pachysandra), Lungwort(Pulmonaria), Lambs Ear(Stachys), English Ivy, Spotted Dead Nettles, this looks like an Ajuga (spelling?) It has silver on leaves, pretty! and one more Scilla Siberica which is a bulb. I hope this helps. You really need to try to add some compost to area and after planting add mulch to retain water better. I have lambs ear up the ying yang if you so desire it, and also day lilies. Check these out and let me know what you think. Cindy
cindyd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-03-2009)