View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Curt, You are obviously very passionate about this topic. I completely understand where you are coming from. Though, no one knows what it is like to walk in anyone else's shoes.

Brian, I'm glad you had such success with the thymectomy. It's great to hear stories like yours.

Medicine is not an exact science. Remember blood-letting? Well, some people still do it for hemochromatosis and it works for them! There are probably lots of examples, like thymectomies, where people are not going to agree on whether or not they are useful or even "humane."

All treatments for MG involve some kind of drawback or risk. But it's up to each individual to decide for themselves what to do.

Curt, you have the right to your opinion. Just don't expect everyone else to have the same one!

I think it's important to support anyone, no matter what their opinion or what they are going through. Life is really rough on so many of us. And stress doesn't exactly help MG. Can we discuss this without hurting each other? That would be good.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ras1256 (04-02-2009)