View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well lack of sunlight, vitamin D, or maybe u can get one of those morning lights they use for sadd. swallowing---dgl deglycherrized licorice.

another thing is if your having trouble swallowing due to inflammation or dry mouth, try one of the following remedies:

There are oral meds that stimulate saliva production like Salagen/pilocarpine, but I don't think Salagen mixes well with other MI meds. That would be a good question for your doc.

Biotene also has gum to help dry mouth. If you can't find it in the store, a pharmacist can order it for you. I think the biggest problem is dry mouth at night because we can't swallow while we're asleep, and swallowing can help stimulate saliva production.

Sugarfree chewing gum can also be helpful, it stimulates saliva production and may help with dental issues. There are some brands that allowed to make dental health claims so those might be the ones to pick.

I also think, no one mentioned this, but sticking an ice cube in your mouth and sloshing it around. also theres certain spots on your ear/ around your mouth, that you can apply ice to and supposedly helps xerostomia.

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote