View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

After searving 5 1/2 years in the Air Force, I had an injury. We were short handed, my duty was to change out a tractor tire by myself that weighed about my weight, 118 lbs. I had this enormous tire up in the air, then severe pain between my shoulder blades, I fell backwards onto a tool chest, and the tire hit me in the head.

At sick call, they called this, left shoulder higher then right, muscle spasms. This was called Scoliosis, then pain paravertebral, left shoulder, neck pain, Thoracic pain. Eventually called Myositis (without a muscle biopsy, and spasms not bilateral) then called Myofascial pain.
The cervical x-ray showed reversal of the normal lordotic curvature. Every single day for the past 28 years, I have had pain in the Cervical and Thoracic Spine, and left shoulder to the fingers. The arm goes numb to the 5th digit. Pain shoots to the Trap,Over the years, I've gone to the Hospital for help with this injury many times. This injury was refactory to anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants, and Physical Therapy.

I was 23 years old when I was hurt. I'm now 51 and tired of living in this kind of pain. Last Aug I set out to find out exactly what my injury was. This has been a battle, an x-ray, Cat Scan, then an MRI without contrast was taken. Some degenerative conditions, disc buldge, etc showed, but did not explain the severity of pain I've been having to deal with. I asked for these tests to be re-read. I obtained a copy on CD, and tried to study these films myself. I was so alone with all this pain.

Then I paid cash, for an MRI with and without contrast at a different facility, to be read by a different Radiologist. He found many problems, he found multiple foraminal compromises, but he found 3 perineural Cysts in the neural foramen up to 5 mm each in the Cervical, and 1 in the Thoracic Spine.
Now my pain is objectified to myself. Today, I took a copy of that report, and CD to the Veteran's Hospital. I asked the Doctor if they have ever treated someone for Perineural Cysts aka Tarlov Cyst Disease before. Their answer was "No". The majority of information on Tarlov is for the Sacrum.
I'm trying to find a document with Cervical and Thoracic listed. Guess, now my battle, is to be service connected for this, and find a way, to have medical treatment.
tealblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote