View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You go LadyParrot.

I know you don't feel like it. Just think about it in the long term. It's what you need to do now to get away from where you are. It gets a little easier as you go along. It's been rough but I stick with it. I am proud of your efforts and encourage you to keep it up.

I'm going to get out my guns and start shooting too. Thanks for the prompto. Good idea. I used to target practice with a 45 pound compound bow. Would like to get to where I could do that again. It's a goal I reach for. I really enjoyed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyParrot View Post
I didn't see this episode, but I've wondered for a long time if MS had similar aspects to neuro TOS. I have a neighbor down the street and when we compare notes, we have similarities too.

I've just recently been getting online here and there... have gotten to a place where I am now re-introducing activities that I eliminated to get my symptoms under control (I started walking 3 miles a day last spring - got to get that started again, as I don't go out much in the winter. I even joined a gym, for the water aerobics and hot tub, but nothing much tempts me to go out in the snow ). But I did manage to go back to the shooting range and can shoot a couple of boxes of bullets through my 9mm and not be in pain the next day (I started out with a .22 and worked up to it). Wonderful stress relief!

Santa brought me an iPod touch and I was delighted to find a non-profit dedicated to TOS one day when I was playing around with it. It's called ATOSA - American Thoracic Outlset Sydrom Association. atosa.org Remember back on Braintalk when we talked about doing something like that? Starting a non-prof is such an enormous undertaking, I know I didn't have the energy to even think about back when I first stopped work. But it's a necessary thing to have I think if TOS is ever going to step out of the shadows and have a place at the table in the medical community.

Tam, if you haven't checked them out, it's worth a look. They have a lot of people who've already written their stories and Gail seems easy enough to work with (I'll admit I've been mostly lurking, but want to get more involved as I'm able). Perhaps you could collaorate with that org for your book?
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote