View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to both of you for the replies!

I probably should have been more clear but most of my problems are cranial nerve related or due to the cerebellum being operated on.

I have talked to my doctor and he agrees that I am not receiving enough protein but it is not his specialty. I am not exactly sure but I have read 1.2 to 2.2 grams of protein per kg of body weight. I just weighed in at 180 pounds so about 87 kg x 1.8 grams = 147ish grams of protein a day. Jevity 1.5 is only giving me 105.7 grams of protein a day provided that all of my data is correct.

I am in the middle of radiation as we speak but I gained 7.5 pounds this week alone since I exercise 3-5 hours a day. Out of fear mostly, as you can imagine.

I was down to about 150 after 4 months in the hospital. Its been just over 2 months since I was discharged but want to pack on as much muscle as quickly as possible. I also need something that is good for the brain as I have healing to do and cranial nerves that need repair.

I forgot to mention this earlier but I have problems sleeping. I seem to wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep.

I expect to have the peg tube temporarily but atleast for the next couple of months.
boosted380 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote