View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It will be hard but at the same time it will be the most wonderful experience you have. I sat with my friend who was on hospise and I wouldn't take it back for anything, ever. I was the last person she spoke to and the last person she really heard. In her final hours she was so agitated, you could tell something was bothering her even though she was in a semi coma. She was so concerned about her girls and if they would be OK. The last words I spoke to her was "Lori, it's OK to let go. Your girls will be OK, I promise. I love you." She let out the loudest sigh I ever heard and went to sleep. She passed later that evening.

PS: Definately make sure Hospice knows what you expect. My uncle was with Hospice in his final days and he was seen once a day only. My aunt couldn't or wouldn't change his diaper when he was wet or bathe him. I don't know why, maybe she just couldn't handle it. My mom went to see him before he passed and got Hospice to get in there to care for him more. Just let them know what you expect and what you want her last days jere to be like. They should understand and be compassionate about it.
barbo (04-12-2009), Curious (04-03-2009), gardengrl (04-07-2009), hollym (04-03-2009), Pamster (04-07-2009)