View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Any "Tanners" Here?

I admit it....I used to spend way too much time in the sun when I was younger. Even up to 2001 I'd spend two weeks every July in Daytona Beach, FL. Beach sun is brutal.

Once I stopped going to FL and having any time to actually get a tan the natural way I started going to a tanning salon (at the encouragement of a friend). I got hooked. I'd start tanning in March and have a really nice glow before June. I never overdid it....I'm fair skinned anyway so what's "dark" for me probably isn't for someone who tans easily.

I haven't tanned in probably four years now. I can't take the heat of the bed. Plus, my skins been through enough. And it's expensive. And zaps my energy.

But, I feel like I'm the only pale person walking around in the summer time. It really shouldn't bother me too much at this point because I don't work anymore and don't go much of anywhere anymore, either. My philosophy.....if you don't like it don't look.

I've tried the self tanners but they don't always go on evenly and sometimes look orange.

What does everyone else do? I must be getting old (I'm 48!) because I honestly don't care anymore.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blues Girl (04-03-2009), Curious (04-03-2009), SandyC (04-03-2009)