View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wonder that it took me a while to find a wonder and I was thinking- oh no, I've got to start a wonder!

I wonder that it took me a while to even wonder. I was lurking because I feel like you guys are family, but I just didn't have the energy to wonder.

I wonder that even though my stepdaughter recently lost her half brother to suicide, that I have found a stepdaughter.

I wonder how we have find each other amongst all the grief and pain.

I wonder that my stepgrandson is 5 and that is a wonderful age.

I wonder if I can warn all of you that Walter the Farting Dog should be read but not as a bedtime story.

I wonder if I can tell you that in spite of the tragedy that we had a wonderful time in Colorado.

I wonder if I can tell you that we took my son out to dinner for his birthday.

I wonder if I can tell you he got a free dessert from the restaurant, but the staff didn't embarrass him by singing to him. The restaurant didn't even do that!

I wonder if I can tell you how good he was with his nephew and how mad he got at me when I told him he'd be a good kindergarden teacher.

I wonder if I can tell you how proud of him I am. He's a good kid.

I wonder if I can tell you that we went to the Denver Zoo and my stepgrandson was fascinated by our GPS and also had fun riding with me on my scooter (and so did I).

I wonder if I can tell you that we missed our flight home by being 5 minutes late from check in time and they wouldn't let us check our baggage.

I wonder if I can tell you they couldn't get us a flight until Tuesday and we had to pay $50 per person to reschedule.

I wonder if I can tell you that it "just so happened" that our son in law was on his way to the airport to go to a conference at the same time we missed our flight and since we had already returned our rental car, he was generous enough to lend us his car . We just left it in the lot where he would have left it anyway and sent the keys back to him by overnight mail.

I wonder if I can tell you that those 2 extra days were wonderful.

I wonder if I can tell you we went to a Bhuddhist temple nearby before we left called the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya and the time spent there meditating was so healing

I wonder if I can tell you we made it back without mishap (well, they did bend my scooter key and I'm going to have to file a baggage claim.

I wonder if I can tell you before I forget and finish up my wonder that everyone had a wonderful time at my concert fundraiser for MS(I'll never do one again). We didn't have a big turnout because it was on a Tuesday night. We raised a little over $300.

And last but not least, I wonder if I can tell you that I just got asked to be a disability advocate in Washington, DC for 6 days all expenses paid except food. Yeah! (Thank goodness it is not until June)

I wonder about this wonder and how long it is. I have had a lot of people ask me how I was doing and how my trip was and I wanted to respond.

I wonder if I can tell you that the fatigue from ms has really taken it's toll, but it gave me a reprieve in Colorado in spite of the fact that my stepdaughter lived on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I also paced myself and my scooter helped a lot.

I wonder if I can tell you that someone dogsitted for me while we were gone which solved the dilemma of who was going to take care of my fragile emotionally handicapped dachshund.

I wonder if I can thank Moi, Moss, Mistiis, Nikki, Doody, Gmma Sue, Alffe and Goofy and everyone else who wondered about me and wished me well. Thank you my friends, you were all in my thoughts and prayers too.

I am not going to apologize for this long wonder. I needed to share the bad and the wonderful good things that can happen, but isn't that what life is all about!

I wonder if I can leave for the room and doxie kisses
doxiemama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-03-2009), barbo (04-04-2009), DMACK (04-03-2009), Doody (04-04-2009), GmaSue (04-06-2009), Koala77 (04-04-2009), mistiis (04-03-2009)