View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a problem with burping a while ago. I realized my deficiencies causes some problems with my pancreas. I needed not just enzymes but also bi-carbonate. If you take just enzymes without the bi-carbonate the enzymes may not work because they need the right ph in the GI tract. Burping is usually a sign of too much acid.

I am not saying that you may have this problem but in this country doctors over medicate stomach problems with antacids. Too much acid may be just that or it may be lack of bi-carbonate too.

The thing is that enzymes could be useful for most people. The bi-carb may be needed but this is something you might want to check with your doctor about.

Also eating one food every day is not good for people who have food allergies or sensitivities. But how many of us are guilty of eating the same foods day in and day out?

I have had to take potassium supplements and know they can cause cramps or other GI problems. I don't recommend the supplements but either the salt substitute or the e-merg-C mineral ascorbates packets instead. (The vitamin C packets you mix with water have 200 mg. of potassium which is twice the amount the pill supplements are allowed.) But magnesium regulates your calcium, potassium, chloride levels, so I think magnesium would work better for the twitching.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote