Thread: dentist insults
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank goodness you got this, Bryanna! Let me get this clear with you. When you spoke about the ridge being too small - you spoke of it being in the back or chewing part of the partial. It's in the very front of the lower teeth that all that ridge that drops down then goes to the inside where the food is going to be trapped. It won't do that in the back. Does this make any difference? They also said that the top of the screw will be a different color- not much, but slightly different.

On the back teeth on each side, there will be one tooth screwed into the implant. That's a total of two. The other three will be spaced along that ridge back of the front teeth. Those screws will not be through the top of the teeth like the back will be. They will be back of the front teeth on that ridge. Am I clear as mud?

My reasoning for its being that way is that they put the front implants in the wrong place - that they should have gone forward of where they are. The surgeon who did these was the one from .ell who wouldn't deaden the gums enough through the 5 hours of surgery, etc. If that were the case, it seems they should have told me at the time about the difference it would make. They all said if was just perfectly done, of course. I complained to them about the thickness in the 'model' from the first. They kept telling me not to worry - that the final one would be completely different . How in the world could it be? Nothing has gotten better.

To answer your question about the stage we're in - I have signed the paper where I agree that the appearance is ok. The teeth in the model that day were movable. After the pros. dean made his godly appearance and declarations - saying they would absolutely do nothing else- take it or leave it, etc., I had no choice but to sign it. Otherwise, I'd be left with just what I've got in my mouth - the implants with the tops - no teeth.

I think it's illegal for a dentist to drop a patient after both have agreed on the work and it's started. As much as I'd like to hit him and the school with a law suit, that wouldn't help me now. Can you imagine how I feel going back to this resident he wouldn't change for me when I asked hime? The resident is the one who caused all this stuff with his poor work. My son in law took me and stayed with me in the room each time because I did not feel safe at all around this man by myself. He can and has done things that I couldn't tell about until later. I have no confidence that he won't do something again.

I'm not an overpowering person nor a mousey person. I treat people as I would like to be treated. Acting is not part of my makeup, but I feel I must have some plan as to how to act when I go back. Any ideas?

I've unsuccessfully tried to reach a nearby dentist to get a second opinion with the possibility of finishing it with him. He's out of the office until Monday, and I left a message about the nature of my call on his phone. I know two people near my age who go to him and like him. Who knows?

I'm female, by the way. Jon comes from initials in my name.

Thanks, Bryanna, and all of your who answered. You have no idea how much it means to me that someone heard me. I'll listen for anything more.

Love to all, Jon
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (04-04-2009)