View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

((((((Star)))))),

Just wanted to welcome you to NeuroTalk

I've had fibro since early 1990s. I think mine was caused by a chemical spill at work (the junk that's inside air conditioners spilled right next to my desk).

Of all the different 'things' that I've tried, Duloxetine (Cymbalta) or Effexor XR have been the most effective.

SLEEPING has to be at the TOP of your list -- even before eating. Lack of sleep sets one with fibro into a huge downward spiral.

I used to take Prozac -- that was like filing down the point on a needle -- took the 'sharpness' of the pain away. I was able to work full-time with Prozac. Cymbalta and Effexor XR just about totally eliminate the pain -- as long as I pay attention to my sleep and rest when I need to. I've had to stop working -- adding pain from spinal arthritis to the mix was just more than I could cope/function with.

Glad you found your way here -- although I'm sorry that you had to.

I personally think that people with fibromyalgia and with chronic fatigue syndrome are like the parakeets in the mineshaft -- we're an early warning system that 'things' are not right with our planet. Well ... that's a whole 'nother soapbox

Hugs. And welcome.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote