View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I used to be kitty, but I'm now suffering from my hours in the sun during my childhood and teenage years.

Last year I had to have most of my nose removed because of an infiltrating cancer that had eaten nearly all the way down to the bone. There was just a small spot to see on the outside, but it was wreaking havoc under the skin. Had I not had it seen to it when I did, then nasal reconstruction probably would not have been possible. As it was, my plastic surgeon did such a good nasal restoration that my scars are barely visible, but I was one of the lucky ones.

Two weeks ago I had a malignant growth removed from my leg, and I had 2 removed from one hand several years ago. I also had a melanoma removed from my back last year, but luckily that was benign.

I no longer care that my skin is pale, but if I did want a tan for a particular reason (like a wedding), then the only way I'd agree to one would be by having it sprayed on, and definitely not a tan that involved exposure to any harmful ultra violet rays.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (04-04-2009), Kitty (04-03-2009), Lara (04-06-2009)