View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
Lordwood,
So sorry to hear about what you are going through-I can feel the frustration in your "voice" and I share it in many ways. Months ago I was begging to find some way to get Ketamine for myself and in a desperate state of mind. Please look at what Ketamine actually IS and what it is used for. This is a drug that poses significant system depression while you take it. Despite feeling angry myself that I wasn't able to get it, there is a factor in it's worsening depression AND inhibition, which can be a dangerous combo. Consider that Dr. S is making this rule for the safety of the patient and not to cook his books. Ketamine is still very contorversial and no one will ever get it if he cannot report adverse effects or gets slammed with a "this drug makes depressed people suicidal" black box. Ketamine is still considered experimental and Dr. S walks a fine line in that way without FDA blessing. Believe me, if you read my old posts, I am far from an advocate of the medical community (despite being a nurse for 16 years), but I have given Ketamine before for sedation and it is not Tylenol.
Lori Lee
By your reasoning All RSD patients should not be allowed Ketamine as there is no true RSD patient that is not depressed. I know what ketamine is and its abilities. As well i know ketamine is not like tylenol as tylenol is not a medication at all in anyform no matter what dose. For any rsd patient wanting treatment with ketamine i would strongly recommend Dr. Harbutt for ketamine as his program is far more professional and more accurate with the success rate. Dr. S is not an RSD doctor he is simply a member of a group that found ketamine might work for a number of things to which RSD was added to the list. He is nothing more than a partner as ketamine is all he has and nothing else.
LordWood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote