View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown meniere's: vertigo and tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Thank you so much for what you wrote.
My vertigo came on after a head injury. Started after a concussion. The doctor told me about the head movements and something to do with crystals or broken bone in the ear.

I thought that was strange at the time but I was talking to two different friends about this. One got the vertigo after a head injury and the head movements thing worked a charm. The other actually turned out to have Meniere's Disease, and is on some new medication that has basically stopped her vertigo completely.

For about a year I couldn't go anywhere except in a wheelchair. Shopping was a nightmare, but now I'm fine almost 90% of the time and get around pretty well. It's a very scary feeling this vertigo. I guess I should head back to the doctor and talk about it some more. I think I'll ask for referral this time to an ENT.
hi lara
i am new to this site. i was diagnosed with meniere's in june 2008. i am taking serc. this drug has reduced the severity of the vertigo attacks. i often have rushing noise in my ear and i am always worried that a vertigo attack will follow. is there a more homeopathic route or other effective meds? ie acupuncture or ...anything...this has really reduced the quality of my life. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks...
blankslate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote