View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks reverett123 (Rick),
Just when I thought I finally had discovered what depression is, you come along and confuse the he:: out of me.

Earlier this year, I stopped taking Paxil. For me it was a breeze. I understand some people have trouble when getting off of PAXIL. Ask Eve I think it was about that. Anyhow, I went six months without any type of antidepressant in my system. Towards the end of this 6 months I was fully understanding why I had been on an antidepressant. I noticed myself all of a sudden thinking gloomy "depressive thoughts". And for no reason, find myself crying over the drop of a pin. This happens and includes big strong men and big strong women, as well as those who went through their previous life with the will of George Patton, or the daily tension of a seasoned army doctor, who has done the most incredible things and never flinched, being reduced to a crying, blithering, non-functional self.(ol cs, I hope you don't mind if I used your discription of depression. It such an accurate discription)

My doctor had me start on Wellbutrin. Well, the depressive thoughts have gone away, I stopped having thoes emotional moments because I just dropped a pin. Once again I'm able to face my day without dread or horror. One setback to Wellbutrin seems to be weight gain. I've put on almost 20 lbs. in the past three months. I know, I know, those darn parkies. They're always complaining about somthing.

GregD

Last edited by GregD; 12-13-2006 at 12:22 AM. Reason: because I can't spell
GregD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote