View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
MIL's do that?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I've asked my MIL several times to help and she has some reason or another to not. Even just sitting with her son and maybe cooking something for him.

I am really lucky. My MIL would do anything I asked if there is any way possible. She does frustrate me because I have to ask for help and she doesn't just offer but at least I know all I have to do is ask. The hard part is that I'm very independent and proud so it was hard for me to ask for help in the begining. I also found it was hard for her to see her son going through this. I bought a couple of books on RSD and gave them to her to read. Since then she's been much more understanding. Also in November she was in a car accident and broke her neck and back. So I took care of her and Jeff. I would cook dinner at her house every day and we would all eat there then I would go to work or we would go home and Jeff's step-dad would do the clean up. We've all learned to work closely as an extended family. She's recovered now and back to work so that load has lifted.

I'm sorry you aren't so lucky. How much does she know about RSD? Were they close before he developed this?

Teresa

PS...It probably helped when one day I was having a very bad day and called her over to my house to take her son back to live with her because I couldn't take it any more. That's usually enough to make a mother think twice about the situation (help out or take him back?)

Last edited by medictlc; 04-03-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something
medictlc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (04-04-2009)