View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Confused, Curt's opinion is one out of thousands. It's neither right nor wrong. The only correct choice is the one you have to make.

I'm afraid if I comment on this further, this might become an ugly situation. I do not want to do that to you, Confused.

I've done tons of research on thymectomies, back when I was considering it eight years ago. And I'm talking research at medical libraries dating back to when they first started doing them. I am no expert however. And I have never personally had a thymectomy.

There are studies that show if you have a thymectomy within the first year of being diagnosed, especially if you are younger, that your chances of remission increase. They are doing new studies right now that I hope will provide concrete evidence, one way or the other, whether thymectomies are useful and to whom. Remission can take years and sometimes they are not certain if it was the thymectomy or the drugs given afterwards (like Imuran).

Since there is no right or wrong answer, it's up to you to decide what you WANT to do! No one has the right to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Discuss this again with your neurologist if you need to. Put surgery off for a bit if you need to - or go ahead with it.

Please do not let ONE opinion make your mind up for you. Mine either. It is a tough decision and you are the ONLY ONE who can make it. I wish you the very best of luck figuring it out for yourself.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
confused12 (04-04-2009)