View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

sometimes its empowering just to have some answers. To finally stop chasing answers, and to be able to settle into a diagnosis, and roll up your sleeves poking MS in the eye, instead of chasing one medical test after another, and getting told to go home, and call if things get worse. I found just having the answers was enough to motivate me into action.

I started on Beta, and had to switch to Copaxone after Liver issues. Copaxone can have a bit of a bee sting bite to it during the early days, and I want you to know that it get better. MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I have found that after the injection (using injector or manual doesnt matter) take your cotton ball, and PUSH directly into the injected area. DONT RUB! copaxone is a sharp crystal style med, and rubbing will fracture the crystals. Just PUSH hold FIRM pressure for 15 to 30 seconds. This will push the med from the upper layer of fat, into the deeper layers of fat, where its more easily absorbed.

Many folks find that using a claritin or zyrtec product during the first six months, and maybe some benedryl/hydrocort cream will help with that itch that seems to land on it for for the first lil bit. After about six months, its magic time! its like your body just sort of gives up, and realizes that this stuff is here to stay. It also takes between six months, and a year to build up to a therapuedic level. I of course took longer than the rest.

Copaxone has been a decent drug for me. No flu side effects, no depression, no liver side effects. Its a combo of 4 amino acids, and a sugar based mannitol to keep it stable.

Please come back when you start and let us know how you do. Its so empowering to take charge of your health, and get poking! welcome to the copaxone club.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DizzyLizzy (04-04-2009)