View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 02:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Seems about right on schedule . . .

. . . at least in terms of my schedule. I have a predominantly small fiber PN and started getting the same sxs about 18 months into my disorder. I still have some recurrent twitches and I get calf or foot cramps about 1-2 month. The cramps can be very, very painful and can take quite awhile to relax - never had anything like this before PN.

If you check around the various PN boards, you will see that this is pretty common. I am not sure if there is an exact explanation, but it seems as though the increased sensitivity, ectopic firings, and all the other sorts of malfunctions tend to predispose us to such whims sent forth by our nervous systems. As such, it may be similar to the well-known phenomenon of increased nerve entrapments as a result of PN.

I have found that since I started an intensive regimen of vitamins and supplements that the twitches in particular have markedly diminished. Also, the cramps and entrapment problems are also less. Specifically, magnesium is an important supplement for maintaining nerve health. There have been many posts in the past about this - not sure if any of that info is on this board or OBT. May have to be chalked up as another loss due to OBT not being properly run or maintained.

If you want more info about this, I can look to see if I have some info or references. I know MrsD has posted a lot on this topic. So, let us know, and I think more info can be posted.

rfinney
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote